- To accomplish yearly business goals for the Company in Ireland, incorporating the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland.
- To maintain and develop the resources required to support sustained business development in Ireland.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To meet and exceed yearly sales and service budgets for the Company
- To lead and motivate the team to accomplish its business goals
- To manage target setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales and service engineers to improve the effectiveness of our tasks
- To achieve the products sales goals for the allocated area through effective management of current customers and potential prospects.
- To support the Managing Director in planning and controlling the annual budget
- To develop annual marketing communication plans to create awareness of our products, strengthen our contact base and improve lead generation and conversion (together with marketing department).
- To give field support to sales and service engineers where required to help the achievement of objectives.
- To build strong working networks with the Company’s finance, service, marketing and administration departments and Group producing organisations in order to achieve personal and team success.
- To ensure compliance of the team with the company’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the level and condition of demonstration inventory is appropriate to achieve our business objectives.
- To ensure timely use of the company’s CRM system by all team members in recording customer communication.
- Any other duties as might reasonably be expected or requested by the Managing Director.
- Degree in physics, chemistry, engineering or a similar sector
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of scientific instruments sales
- Proven sales management track record
- Able to lead and motivate a team in order to achieve business objectives
- Able to manage target setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales engineers to improve effectiveness
- Able to liaise efficiently with customers at all organisational technical ability levels
- Strong team player. Able to forge strong working networks with others in order to achieve both personal and team success
- Strong computer literacy and software skills Problem solving for complex application needs
- Provides clear direction and commercial/technical expertise in achieving results
- Strong sales skills built on experience in the laboratory instrument market