This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate to learn and expand their understanding and expertise in the field. Applications are invited from candidates with either an engineering or scientific background.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain, calibrate, and repair instruments sent to our workshop
- Provide technical support to customers via phone and email
- Ensure accurate cost estimates are sent to customers and purchase orders are received
- Document all work and provide correct documentation to customers
- Manage In-House support tickets to meet service KPIs
- Perform maintenance, functional checks, and repairs on demonstration and loan instruments
- Control spare parts inventory and ensure accurate reporting
- Maintain the workshop to ensure compliance with H&S requirements and a clean working environment
- Work collaboratively with other departments to maintain the smooth running of the organization and high service levels for customers.
Skills & Qualifications
• Electronics or electrical engineering background
• Customer service experience preferred
• Attention to detail
• Self-motivated and driven to succeed
• Fluent English in spoken and written form.