The Sales Administrator is accountable for quotation and sales enquiry functions for the Company as well as ensuring prompt responses to technical enquiries.
Duties & responsibilities
- Receiving incoming sales enquiries by phone, email or fax.
- Processing technical enquires or liaising to the suitable owner and ensuring swift follow up to meet customer forecast.
- Looking through incoming web quote requests.
- Preparing quotations for instrumentation, ensuring that all suitable specifications are included.
- Take accountability for the sales enquiries email inbox.
- Arranging for new accounts to be set up, communicating with Finance Department regarding customer accounts.
- Communicating with the Finance department where required regarding customer accounts for current customers.
- Communicating with internal Operations team and/or external suppliers, to ensure that the customer receives the best possible service at all times.
- Dealing with all customer queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Filing of correspondence, ensuring that customer records maintained at all times and that there are correct relevant audit trails.
- Basic knowledge of the quality systems we have in place
Other duties may be required
Skills & Qualifications
- Science qualification ideal but not required – customer base is in life science and materials science.
- Sage 200 experience ideal but not required – full training given.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a confident polite and efficient telephone manner.
- Working understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- Passionate individual who is flexible and willing to learn continuous best practice
- Ability to show initiative and positive attitude.
- Excellent organisational, time management and attention to detail ability.
- Comfortable in being able work alone and/or within a team environment, contributing and sharing best practices, resources and ideas in order to continually improve the customer experience.
- Ability to efficiently manage customer networks, promptly responding to queries; ensuring promises are kept with the ability to confidently manage expectations.
- Have the ability to work to set standards and procedures.