This is a field based position covering SE England
Duties & Responsibilities
- Servicing, installation and repair of designated instruments
- Completing Preventative Maintenance and field modifications
- Ordering and organising repair parts for field servicing
- Maintaining administrative duties such as upkeeping customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
- Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up
- Maintaining tools and test equipment and ensuring they are properly calibrated
- Utilising the escalation method to resolve customer service delivery issues
- Establishing and partaking in sales opportunities such as new contacts, potential contracts, contract renewals and instrument sales
- Collaborate with other departments to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within the UK and Ireland
- Ensure all communications with customers are reported internally
Skills / Qualifications
- Great experience of working with GC-MS, LC-MS in an analytical laboratory
- 2+ years’ experience of analytical method development.
- Experience of working with SIFT-MS (preferable)
- Excellent analytical, networking and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexible to changing circumstances
- Bachelor’s / BA in Chemistry, Engineering or similar subject
- High level of computer skills including: OEM Software, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record