We looking for relevant candidates with experience to give specialist support service
on Liquid and GC, MS and other analytical instrumentation, to join our team and to have the opportunity to work for a well-known company name in the industry.
This position needs a FSE to cover the Midlands of England, occasionally other areas within the UK should a need arise as a business requirement. Interested candidates must have experience on troubleshooting, maintenance and operational/performance qualifications of chromatography instruments from a range of manufacturers such as Shimadzu, PerkinElmer and Thermo.
Suitable candidates must be familiar with industry best practice to ensure valid analytical results at all times and be compliant with procedures to mitigate all regulatory risks of non-conformance. Past experience of working in regulated Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) / Good Laboratory Practice environments would be advantageous as would any experience gained in supporting laboratory instrumentation.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Installation, repairs, validation qualifications and redeployment of instrumentation within analytical laboratories in accordance with the approved procedures carried out in a timely, efficient manner reflecting accurately the work completed.
2. Provide a high quality service and support to our customers, engage and maintain a solid relationship with our customers and keeping up with their expectations. Customer oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Have the ability to identify issues, diagnose faults, provide relevant solutions, work independently, take initiative and prioritise work.
4. Must wear provided uniform at all times. Must take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who could be affected by their acts or omissions. Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), in accordance with the safe working procedures, at all times. Must be able to work with hazardous material and solvents, some of which may have unpleasant odours.
5. Must be able to manage boot stock to ensure satisfactory levels of parts at all times.
6. Must be able to carry out all aspects of the role safely and in compliance with Work Instructional procedures and codes of practise.
7. Must maintain a good standard of housekeeping throughout their areas of work.
8. Must ensure that work equipment is only used for its intended purpose and that they have been trained to use it. Must not interfere with any equipment provided for their safety.
9. Must undertake training and refresher training as and when required.
Degree/HND/HNC level or equivalent in Analytical Sciences or Electrical/Electronic Engineering is preferred.