This role is for an experienced Field Engineer with IT understanding. You will join a small service team who are accountable for all instruments and installations, including laboratory network solutions. Reporting to the FSM you will be mainly based in the Southeast / Greater London area with travel to the Southwest and M4 corridor, regular travel to the office being required. Alongside the rest of the team you will cover all aspects of service support including, but not limited to, Installations, Services and Breakdowns. This position needs travel at short notice, all our allocations need to be covered at times i.e., installations, engineers on annual leave/sickness, therefore you may be required to travel further afield when needed, this may require overnight stays.
Considerable training is offered both in the UK and at our International Headquarters.
Duties & Responsibilities
- On-site instrument repair and troubleshooting
Qualifications & Skills
- An Electronic or Mechanical Engineering qualification, BTEC, HNC etc.
- An IT/Computer qualification is ideal.
- Minimum 2+ years previous experience working with instrumentation, preferably in a lab setting
- Experience with IT information systems, preferably in a hospital environment.
- Telephone support for instrument issues
- Instrument installation and decommissioning
- Installation & support of laboratory IT/network solutions (LIMS/middleware)
- Act as a point of contact for all instrument related enquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues both in the UK and overseas
- Maintain close liaison with the Commercial team
- Training customers and colleagues in the use of our instruments and software
- Building and maintaining high standards of customer care by visiting clients proactively and in the absence of issues
- Monitoring your spare parts inventory and ensuring appropriate stock is maintained
- Office IT and applications support
- Completion of all Administration requirements, timely and accurately in line with company policies and external quality control requirements
- Visiting customers regularly
- Any other duties as necessitated by the business
- Maintain all equipment based within the ITC & head office.
- A deep interest in medical diagnostics and associated products, with a passion to grow a career in this sector.