Pushed by quick company development, this is a new role is accountable for promoting the products offered by the Company, and growing networks with both new and existing customers. Due to the nature of the Company’s product range, a scientific knowledge and strong communication skills are essential. This position will suit an individual who is proactive, enjoys meeting new people, and has a passion for science.
Duties include efficient lead qualification and proactively nurturing opportunities through pipeline to grow company revenues. The position involves building remote networks with customers all over the world and providing solutions to meet customer requirements. The position is expected to hit the ground running and proactively grow a pipeline of new opportunities. As a rapidly growing company, this role offers an exciting career pathway for the successful candidate.
- Accomplish pre-set revenue goals and KPI
- Growth and implement strategies for prospecting new business and growing current accounts within key market segments
- Proactively create leads from potential and current customers aligned to product strategy
- Follow up and qualify inbound enquiries from website and marketing campaigns
- Develop strong understanding of the Company’s product range, the IVD market and the customers we serve.
- Ensure timely input of information into CRM system
- Following up and qualifying enquiries to fully understand customer requirements
- Collaborate with Sourcing team on provision of material that meets customer requirements and specifications
- Push sales opportunities through the pipeline at pace
- Push development by establishing new opportunities within new and current customers aligned to company strategy
- Grow and maintain multi-level networks with current customers with a view to growing business
- Presenting company overview to prospective new customers
- Creating quotations
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Biological Sciences or similar experience in a scientific field or industry
- 5+ years’ experience working in Business Development or similar sales role within the life science or biotechnology industry.
- Proven track record of new business acquisition and sustained territory growth
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience and knowledge of the IVD market
- Excellent IT skills and proficiency in MS Office
- Experience working with an international customer base
- Miller Heimann, SPIN selling or other equivalent sales training