We are looking to maximise our sales in Europe to push our rapidly growing product lines. This role requires a hands-on, organised and detail-focused person able to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal person should be comfortable with managing and putting in place all elements of the sales cycle. Specifically, prospecting new possible customers, learning the technical details of our products, giving technical solo displays to customers, handling objections and negotiating through to the point of winning business.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must be familiar with Pharma/Biotech and Academic Biology Establishments, ideally with experience selling into genomics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills are required.
- Receptive and organized. In our market, reputation is everything. That starts with a salesperson who responds in a timely fashion to every customer request and gets things done when promised.
- Self-motivated and proactive. You will be expected to establish and prospect potential customers, follow up on leads, give demos, give quotations, negotiate pricing, follow up with the purchasing team, and transition to the post-sales installation and support teams.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of the time, could be up to 75%. You will be expected to participate in exhibitions and travel to customer sites to give product displays.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates that have a degree in Biology, other life science or Engineering (with a life science focus), understanding of genomics, small molecule screening, similar sales experience. Extensive training will be given to the right candidates.
- experience in consultative Sales and Account management is required.
- Understanding of the liquid handling sector, along with previous experience is an advantage.
- Fluency in the French language is required.
- Being based in Belgium or Netherlands is preferred.