This role is office based and reports to the European Sales Manager.
- Lead the market development sales tasks in allocated territory.
- Conduct and organise relevant territory planning for efficiency.
- Utilise your consultative selling skills to overcome and manage objections and negotiate to obtain sales.
- Maintain and develop actual installed base
-Grow and maintain relationships with customers to meet and exceed revenue objectives.
-Communicate between Applications, in-house R&D and key customers to create new applications and market opportunities.
- Create a healthy opportunity channel with short and medium terms components
-Create a channel to meet or exceed Territory sales objectives.
-Organise and develop accounts including industrial, research facilities, and universities.
-Able to arrange projects to deliver results in a timely manner.
-Participate to overall company development by attending national or international trade shows and exhibitions.
-Grow new business, grow current business.
-Be actively involved in industry/customer companies that have an effect on business.
Non Essential Responsibilities:
In addition to the essential duties listed above, the employee may be required to perform other non-essential duties. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BSc of Science or post-graduate degree in the Life Sciences or similarly suitable field.
- Ideal candidate will have experience selling into the NGS market or experience with sample preparation for proteomic methodologies.
- In-depth understanding of suitable territory life science market and customers.
- Able to schedule and perform product demonstrations with applications specialists, if required
- Perform product installations and provide user training.
Experience & Abilities:
- Experienced sales professional with around 5 year’s scientific equipment sales experience.
- Ideal person will have experience selling instruments, automation and consumables that allows high-throughput technology and/or experience selling into the NGS market or experience with proteomic methodologies. Experience selling into clinical markets a bonus.
- Experience selling into clinical markets a bonus.
- Network and link with internal colleagues to share information and best routines.
- Critical thinking skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed, as well as the ability to prioritize duties and time limits.
- Ability to work independently or in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to efficiently manage and travel in a large territory (60% travel)