The main objective of this position is to deliver reliable robust analytical solutions to our customers, honour commitments and deliver analytical excellence. This role itself partakes in a team accountable for Trace Elemental Analysis and Discrete Industrial Analysis product displays, expert technical advice and training to sales colleagues, customer visits, application development, present at scientific affairs, customer support, customer product focused training and field marketing within the European Sales Support team with focus on UK & Ireland. We are looking for a high energy team player with a high motivation and understanding of Trace metals analysis ideally with experience of Mass Spectrometry. This person will join a highly focused, successful and dedicated team working with the latest industry leading products and software within the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Display a solution orientated mind set and work closely with the sales team and fellow UK Chromatography sales support experts to establish company quarterly/ yearly sales goals and partake in achievement of assigned core team objectives.
- Personally accountable to managing own allocated UK application/ display/ training demands ensuring timely and effective, top-class delivery of customer demonstrations and demo reports, application methods and apps notes, customer training and other activities working closely with sales team members and other accountable colleagues within the CMD company. Close co-operation with other chromatography and mass spectrometry product lines is essential to make best use of accessible resources and customer needs.
- Produces high quality and efficient pre- and post-sales support working closely with factory based product and vertical marketing teams, other product line, service and sales teams. When promoting applications and performing customer displays to make sure those methods developed and best practices are shared using with other members of the team and an accountable manager using the Company’s analytical method repository.
- To show and pro-actively use commercial awareness of the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry business as a whole. Create strategic arguments and implement during competitive situations.
- To make sure that training activities are produced to the customer in a timely manner while focussing on customer satisfaction and on constantly improving customer relationship leading to future business opportunities with the customer. Personally accountable for the relationship with the customer.
- To take part in the improvement of training materials and programs in cooperation with sales, factory, service and marketing teams.
- Personally accountable for establishing training needs and ensuring that their capabilities and competencies meet the needs and requirements of the sales support team for the appropriate product line.
- Accountable for establishing potential marketing and sales collateral by monitoring demos and application projects and sharing such work/results with an accountable manager, vertical and regional marketing teams.
- Engage market intelligence and VOC information required during customer displays and in the field to the accountable manager and factory product teams.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related
- Relevant Trace Elemental knowledge is necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to speak in a technical manner to the customer
- Good self-organizational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Driving License
- Readiness to travel within the region (UK & Ireland). Occasional EU travel as needed
- Strong Customer Focus Skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets Must be flexible and prepared to undertake tasks as necessary