Reports to: Field Sales Manager (Diagnostics)
- To create, maintain and execute strategic and tactical key account plans.
- To continually establish and take opportunities to create new key accounts and contacts whilst maintaining current and growing new business.
- To manage appropriately all customer accounts by identifying both key and non-key accounts in a strategic manner by implementing a business plan for each.
- To develop in-depth understanding of key account operation and activity in order to tailor product and service solutions to meet the customer needs.
- To identify stakeholders across all business functions within all allocated key accounts, bolstering relationships with existing contacts whilst developing new business.
- To acquire and retain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the appropriate Company products so that the customer can be technically supported and the right solution to meet their needs can be offered.
- To achieve forecast sales and margin targets by selling products from across the Company’s portfolio, maintaining a balanced product mix.
- To work in accordance with the field force charter including:
- Maintaining clean and accurate account and customer records on the company CRM system
- Recording activity and call notes within 48 hours of each visit
- Planning at least two weeks in advance.
- Proactively manage expiring quotes, quote renewals, sample requests and follow-up, demo status ensure the customer receives rapid, responsive service and avoid delays in order processing.
- To acquire a thorough knowledge of all competitor companies, their products and their activity in the key accounts.
- To identify and utilise other supporting resource required to achieve key account objectives where required e.g. product management, sales specialists.
- To provide continuous customer and market feedback to the business to guide marketing planning and development of support materials.
- To report in writing monthly by the 7th of the following month.
Attendance at exhibitions
Attendance at Sales Conferences and Meetings
Preparation of sales forecasts
Compliance with all reasonable requests
- Life science graduate or professional equivalent
- Full driving licence
- Track record of two years successful sales experience in the clinical and laboratory markets
- Market knowledge and experience of the NHS and associated business and clinical environment