A skilled, highly motivated sales professional who develops on continuous delivery of excellent business results. These results are accomplished by bringing together great networking abilities, great selling skills with a passion to accomplish excellent customer service. The successful individual will have the necessary technical knowledge and will be able to use that specialised skill to add value for the customer and make future business opportunities. The Company has a wide-range of product portfolio with significant opportunity to develop into potential accounts so the successful individual will be required to hold powerful business development skills and the ability to create business leads off their own drive. The successful individual will be a devoted team player who works well as part of a cross functional team. You will work alongside bringing the highest levels of customer service. The person must be eager to travel extensively for this position within their allocated area and some travel abroad to supplier training events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To calculate, organise and execute sales tasks so as to bring outstanding business results, this includes actively investigating new business leads and ideal management of current accounts.
- Potential business growth is key so researching and addressing possible new customers via cold calling/web based exploring is essential to creating current leads
- Efficient management of current accounts by up-keeping great customer networks, adding value and looking for opportunities for add portfolio usage.
- Skilfully show and display the Company’s products in a meaningful manner ensuring customers fully acknowledge the value of the portfolio.
- Works alongside the Divisional Sales Manager to identify & report sales & business activity goals, conducts regular reports to ensure targets are met/exceeded in line with the company objectives.
- Creates well thought out Account & Territory Business Plans in line with company methods and often reviews progress with those plans changing tactics as needed to bring outstanding results
- Creates much needed insight into customers’ requirements and usage flow and is able to react to any variations and realise the opportunities to upsell
- Making sure that agreed revenue and margin targets are accomplished.
- To create an excellent level of customer service and reacts to all sales/ support questions in a timely and thorough manner.
- To supply excellent front line technical support for current customers and work alongside our customer service and technical teams to excel customer assumptions of the Company.
- Making sure that all steps sales method including all suitable customer/account/quotation details are recorded in the Company’s CRM System (Salesforce)
- Establish possible new products to take onto the Biotech Division portfolio and evaluate with the Divisional Sales Manager.
- Work cross practically with other departments making sure of the best result for the customer namely, Marketing, Tech, Finance, Quality and Sales Order Processing
- Grow and upkeep efficient working network with our suppliers and work with them to fix any customer problems.
- Communicate with the SOP/Service Team to ensure even turnaround of Capital Sales and Installations.
- The position could need up to 2-3 nights a week staying away from home.
- Participate in conferences, trade shows or Company workshops annually.
- Attend key product & sales training seminars
- Comply with all company policies & procedures.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ year’s suitable commercial experience in sales or business development
- 2+ years’ experience working in Pharmaceutical or Life sciences laboratory environment, preferably in QC/QA (Microbiology).
- Holds a higher degree level in a scientific subject, preferably Microbiology
- Proven track record in accomplishing sales and targets with experience of capital selling from cold call lead generation through to completion of sale.
- Passionate & creative, works independently to identify solutions to deliver business development
- Independent, able to work alone with a precise focus on lead generation and revenue closure.
- Great planning and organisation skills.
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Computer literate in Outlook, Word, Excel and the internet. Experience in a CRM Tool (e.g. Salesforce) is a bonus
- Powerful networking skills and exceptional face-to-face and telephone personality to communicate with receiver
- Full Clean Driving License
- Eager to travel often and stay away from home for this position as it covers the South UK.