The Technical Sales Specialist will be accountable for increasing the Company’s business in the given territory by deciding and closing meaningful business opportunities for capital instrument, reagent & consumable sales. The duties will involve improvement and completion of the sales plan in key target sectors: pharmaceutical, biotech, and university containing; research, development, clinical research and clinical trials, and more. This will need the use of ingenious motivation, training, skill development, product understanding, industry understanding, competitive understanding and company understanding to create and fulfil the sales plan. As part of the sales team, you will give information in regards with; products, plans and equipment that influence UK & North Europe’s business. This will be sustained by in-depth knowledge of the target markets, their key customer requirements, and separation of the product from the competition. This is a regional sales role that needs more than just the capacity to understand and plan; it will need the personal identification and completion of specific and relevant business opportunities in key accounts for the sale of the company’s exclusive new technology to its key customers. Products will range from different sectors to $150,000+ price point.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the FAS team to ensure sales targets are met.
- Ensure improvement and completion of territory and account specific sectors.
- Efficiently predict sales in the target markets and update weekly.
- Put in place a strong step by step selling process with milestone reviews on a regular basis.
- Focus the suitable selling resources on each of the target markets.
- Manage the region to grow and maintain a strong filter to meet sales forecasts.
- Identify and keep in contact with key accounts/ customers/ industry thought leaders.
- Individually pick and close influential accounts.
- Contribute input to Sales & Marketing in regards to products, plans and tools for improving the UK & Northern Europe territory.
Work Experience Needed:
5 years’ sales experience with scientific capital equipment in the price range of £70,000-£260,000
Industry Experience Needed:
Suitable cell/life science based work helpful.
- Being comfortable with scientific software and data analysis.
- Great investigating and customer acquisition skills
- Familiar with crucial sales process for controlling complicated sales
Minimum BSc in science
- The ability and inspiration to accomplish brave yet achievable sales targets
- A powerful desire to win against all competition
- Able to use suitable internal resources to efficiently push sales
- The ability to control diversified duties, stay organized and be independent.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiastic, eagerness and a desire to learn and shine