Accountable for selling and supporting Biotechnology products in allocated territory. Supplying technical support during the sales process, and post instrument sales and application support to current customers and instrument users.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively sell the Company’s products / services in given location. Includes qualifying and follow-up of sales leads created by the Company from ads, news releases, shows, mailings, etc. Implement an efficient follow-up system for inquiries and sales, and nurture leads to the point of sales closure. Collecting and outline data for evaluation of market impact, share and market policies. Help in selling outside of territory as required. Actively advertise and supply information on our reagent product portfolio and technical services to instrument users and owners. Collect information about customer requirements, suggestions for product improvements, new product ideas, user issues, and competitive tasks, for use by Management.
- Actively look for reagent sales opportunities during system installations, customer trainings, exhibitions and seminars, and push reagent sales in key accounts
- Supply technical presentations for customers, including conferences and workshops. Perform on site product displays including: help with logistics, install and start-up of systems, run samples, and adapt, optimize, or grow protocols to meet customer needs. Partake in exhibitions as required. Help find new sales prospects.
- Visit the customer’s site to set up and verify the operation of products and conduct set-up experiments. Give instrument training to users. Making sure that the customer is capable and experienced in the use and operation of the products. Perform and/or partake in customer training courses.
- Take incoming calls from customers and give technical aid by phone or onsite depending on the application, use, and up-keeping of instruments, chemistries, reagents, protocols and software. Give basic instrument troubleshooting and maintenance. Supply necessary follow-up and support to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Doctorate preferred or related laboratory / technical experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years lab work experience with full understanding of molecular biology and biochemistry methods; studying proteins In vitro and In vivo, with practical experience using separation and blotting techniques, immunfluorecence detection, flow cytometry and in vivo imaging to analyse proteins
- Great flair for and at least 2-3 years working experience with complicated laboratory instrumentation, computers and software, including scientific analysis software packages. Windows and Macintosh operating system understanding needed.
- Previous successful field sales experience in capital equipment to life science and drug discovery researchers in academic and biotech businesses– might consider related scientific field sales support experience in lieu of direct sales experience. Understanding of key customer accounts in their region is beneficial.
- Great spoken and written communication skills with proven networking, and presentation flair; will be fluent in both verbal and written Spanish and English with other languages being a bonus. Working ability to teach, guide and present technical information in complex situations, one-on-one or to large formal meetings. Enjoys and works well with people.