Accountable for selling Biotechnology products as allocated in the territory, identifying sales and market information, helping with promotion, advising management on market and sales methods, and other job related tasks as required.
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in biology or relevant sector with a minimum of 3 years laboratory bench experience in a research laboratory.
- Minimum of 3+ years of previous successful field sales experience in high end capital equipment to life science in academic and biotechnology/pharmaceutical companies could have similar biological/analytical field sales support experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years previous experience would be ideal.
- Familiar with key customer accounts in their region.
- Strong understanding of Proteomics research, methods, and applications.
- Skilled in presenting technical conferences and instrument demonstrations.
- Great communication skills (written and oral), networking skills, and sales skills.
- Team oriented. Enjoys and works well with other people in a team environment.
- May require up to 50% travel
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sell The Company’s Biotechnology products in territory.
- Create new possible sales leads from current contacts and customer contacts.
- Assess and approve where product demonstrations should take place, organise logistics, and help in doing product demonstrations.
- Represent the Company at trade shows and conferences and where required, give presentations.
- Maintain constant customer contact for on-going sales of reagents, consumables, service contracts, extra equipment
- Help in follow-up of current users to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Establish and supply market information to management, including information about customer requirements, their proposals for product advancements, new product ideas, user issues, competition, etc. Guide management in helping to plan overall marketing ideas.
- Help in the sales training of other Company employees and representatives.