The Technical Sales Specialist will understand and utilize product features, benefits and applications along with selling and business building skills to favourably promote and consummate the sale of Company products and services to achieve or outshine the assigned territory sales plan.
The Technical Sales Specialist will also be the primary driver of business development at appointed major customer call points to push through and develop current and new business. The Sales Specialist will be acknowledged as a technical leader within the sales force that drives strategic objectives and adoption of creative products.
This individual’s responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following specific responsibilities:
- Push sales activities to close opportunities to meet or surpass revenue goals, profit goals, and market share goals constantly within expense guidelines.
- Display clear product/technology knowledge to positively serve as the field-based expert in Immunoassays.
- Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using solution selling methods within allocated territory to influence buying decisions.
- Work as part of a team with their Flow Cytometry instrument TSS and within the expansive EMEA Flow Cytometry and Immunoassay sales team for lead production and closing opportunities.
- Liaise with our distribution channel partners to train on the portfolio, create leads and close opportunities.
- Display use of expert selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, engaging with the customer, asking high gain questions, making the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills.
- Create presentations and customer proposals including structuring suitable pricing and contract milestones.
- Prospect for new opportunities to strongly create leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services.
- Set-up and coordinate technical product presentations by and / or with internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing, other Sales Specialists and / or Field Application Scientists either on customer site or locally.
- Reaches out effectively, and is the ‘bond’ between customer, field application specialists, commercial sales team, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive, and other salient groups to create business.
- Preserve and develop current customer database through company customer relations management software.
- Field travel as required (50% or more)
- Make use of proven organizational skills to successfully control territory sales activities.
- To give inclusive information on all activities to Direct Manager, Sales Representatives and District Managers in supported areas.
- Compete constantly and play an active positive role on regional calls and other operating mechanisms.
- Provide frequent oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating ability of the team, region and sales organization.
- Connect and return calls to research scientists and management contacts at all accounts for sales presentations, information through calls, e-mail or particular visits daily.
Experience & Technical Requirements:
- Minimum Master’s Degree in a scientific background such as; Cell Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or similar field; or the equivalent understanding and industry/functional experience.
- Excellent technical skill and experience in Flow Cytometry required.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- Ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively and advance the capital equipment sales process consistently.
- Highly proficient sales and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple high values, long sales cycle business opportunities concurrently.
- High motivation and energy level to create new business.
- Fluent in English, additional languages would be desirable.