The UK South Technical Sales Manager will be accountable for growing the Company’s business in the South of the UK by identifying and closing significant business opportunities for capital instrument and reagent sales. accountability will include the development and execution of the sales plan in key target segments: pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and university including; research, development, clinical research and clinical trials, etc. This will require the use of creative motivation, guiding, skill development, product understanding, industry knowledge, competitive understanding and company knowledge to increase and achieve the sales plan. As a member of the sales team, you will provide input regarding products, strategies and tools that affect UK & North Europe’s business. This will be supported by strong knowledge of the target markets, their key customer requirements, and differentiation of the product from the competition. This is a regional sales role that demands more than just the ability to understand and plan, it will require the personal establishment and closing of specific and important business opportunities in key accounts for the sale of the company’s unique new technology platform to government, industry and university customers.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work with the FAS team to ensure sales targets are met.
- Encourage the development and execution of territory and account specific plans.
- Correctly forecast sales in the target markets and update on a weekly basis.
- Use a robust step by step selling process with formal milestone reviews.
- Focus the suitable selling resources on each of the target markets.
- Manage the territory to increase and maintain a strong channel to meet sales forecasts.
- Identify and maintain contact with key accounts/customers/industry thought leaders.
- Personally chose and close influential accounts.
- Give input to Sales & Marketing concerning products, plans and tools for developing the UK & Northern Europe territory.
Skills & Experience:
Work Experience Required:
- 5 years’ sales experience with scientific capital equipment in the region of £70,000-£260,000
Industry Experience Required:
- Not essential but appropriate cell/ life science based work would be useful.
- Being comfortable with scientific software and data analysis.
- Excellent prospecting and customer acquisition skills
- Familiar with planning sales process for managing complicated sales
- The ability and passion to achieve complicated yet achievable sales targets
- A high desire to win against all competition
- The ability to use suitable internal resources to efficiently push sales
- The ability to control multiple duties, stay organized and be independent.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiasm, eagerness and a desire to learn and excel
Acceptable Home Location:
- South East UK, Oxford or Cambridge would be ideal
- Experienced in use and application of CRM systems such as, Salesforce
- Extensive travel throughout the given location, often regional, European or US travel necessary.
- Has to be prepared to stay away from home for effective coverage of location and to attend meetings when necessary. Work requires eagerness to work a flexible schedule and some overnight travel may be required.