This position needs an eager, energetic, and determined individual who has the drive to work as part of a team and is prepared to learn new skills. They will be mentored by the Technical Sales Manager and UK Sales Manager to grow their skill set with a view to using their own initiative to build networks with customers and maximise sales within their region.
This is a very support-based role and one of the key roles of the Technical Sales Advisor will be to liaise with customers mainly to make more opportunities for the field-based team to meet with customers. This position therefore needs a person who is very comfortable making cold calls and communicating with customers mainly on the telephone and by email.
- Each team will be accountable for all the Company’s business in their region. The North and East region includes Scotland, North England, East Midlands, East Anglia, Cambridge, and Southeast England. The South and West region includes Ireland, Wales, West Midlands, Oxford, Southwest England, South England, and London.
- The team will be required to grow business in this area by at least 10% per annum. The Technical Sales Advisor will be expected to contribute to the growth of this business.
- The TSA will be office based and their main role will be to aid their field-based colleagues to help current business and to push possible sales across the whole of the region. Customer contact will be mainly via email and telephone which will need a confident telephone manner. There may be requirement to manage in the field to support the wider sales team duties as needed such as at conferences.
- Helping in the management of opportunity pipelines from opening enquiries to close of business across the full Company product range including reagents, instruments and biospecimens and diagnostic products.
- As part of the team, one of the main duties of the TSA will be to deal with in bound sales enquiries making sure that these are dealt with in a timely manner, helping their team to change inbound enquires into further conversations about the wider Company portfolio.
- Set out as a direct link between the field sales team and the other office-based teams and liaise in specialised tasks such as preparing quotations for blood products.
- Take part in sales team campaigns to push products and services that that are of key importance to the business and as guided by the UK Sales Manager, the Company’s marketing team, and the Business Management Team.
- Ability to support mainly with instrument demonstrations and installations via Teams or other virtual applications and support in instrument logistics.
- Ensure all customer contacts, opportunities and other tasks are logged into our CRM system SalesForce.com within a certain time frame and be prepared to report all duties to the TSM/UK Sales Manager as needed.
- Communicate with all supplier and internal training courses including product training, sales training, and other administrative training courses.
Qualifications & Skills
- A life sciences degree with some practical laboratory experience
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills including sales techniques
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills: via telephone, email, and video calls
- High level of self-motivation
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and implement activities effectively