We are looking for an individual to expand our Mechanical Engineering proficiency to make use of our automated equipment to its entire range. The post holder is accountable for ensuring the engineering teams across all manufacturing areas are aiding the business in meeting its Quality, Delivery and Cost Improvement targets though effective trained staff, managing in agreement with Company policy all areas of resource planning for the engineering teams making sure that production equipment is accessible to meet scheduled production plans across the business and driving the production engineers to make sure that products are produced in a high Quality manner.
The Engineering manager has CONTROL for all manufacturing equipment including lab based analysers and processing equipment and is ACCOUNTABLE for productively challenging output and results through analysis of equipment reports, Quality metrics data, and will drive the process/equipment improvements being the main instigators and leads for Continuous Improvement Project (CIP) activities. They will be champion for improvements in Quality and productivity through strategic thinking to drive to be World Class. The obligatory will be recommended to make sure that all personnel & Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) activities are met.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To supervise the engineering teams focusing on a dedicated approach towards manufacturing, to minimize the possible down time of equipment used
• To push productive problem solving activities and Root Cause Investigations (RCI) to address problems noticed within production and to make sure actions have clear owners and deliverables are recognized to push long term resolutions.
• To continue an efficient relationship with all supporting groups constant with meeting overall manufacturing goals.
• To push a perception of Continuous Improvement and lead as a Change Agent within the department to contribute towards; developing the Quality Standards, Growing output through improving production utilisation & capability (people & equipment) and reducing annual product cost activity. This is to be done by make sure that all staff are strongly encouraged to notice improvement opportunities and ensure activities are resourced, trained and compelled to successful completion.
• To support any audits achieved within the locations either by internal or external bodies and to recognized areas involving improvement to make sure that the department is entirely obedient to the Quality System requirements and solving problems identified as important
• To address any CAPA's accredited to the department and to make sure that productive completion of different gates within the required timeframes
• To ensure that all necessary Maintenance & Calibration (M&C) activities are completed dutifully and on time to have equipment available when needed
• To abide by and support the Health, Safety and Environment statements, policies and procedures as well as making sure that all H&S audits are performed accordingly as well as yearly assessments. To investigate any EHS incidents within the area to drive to a Zero Harm practice within the departments.
- Degree in Mechanical or Automation engineering or related
- Thorough experience in a management role within either engineering or manufacturing
- Working experience in Engineering or manufacturing within an automated processing environment
- Previous experience of working in a Quality System Environment – ideally within IVD medical Devices or related
- Experience in a Constant Improvement environment to push change
- Project management skills
- Good organizer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great negotiation skills (particularly whilst working with others)
- Problem Solving to support Root Cause Investigations
- Superb analytical skills
- Computer literate - Word, Excel, Office
- Time management
- Degree in management / leadership i.e. MBA
- IVD industry