Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work within the current team to develop and exploit novel Next Gen Sequencing technologies.
- Create and write standard operating protocol, and write reports to support product validation and verification.
- Respond confidently and individually to resolve technical problems encountered during experimental procedures.
- Detailed and accurately record experimental work including creating and developing required documentation.
- Engage in project planning, process updates and critical decision making, ensuring activities are constant with the project’s critical path, and act suitably to changing priorities.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A PhD or, MSc with suitable experience, in an environment where molecular biology and ideally Next Gen Sequencing technologies were strongly used.
- Clear knowledge PCR techniques.
- Highly passionate with strong time management skills and ability to prioritise duties.
- A clear desire to create and exploit novel techniques and work flows centred on Next Gen Sequencing technologies.
- Team oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to take ownership and responsibilities of tasks.
- Hands on experience of Next Gen Sequencing protocols, including library preparation and validation.
- Knowledge of techniques for, and ideally experience with, analysing data generated from Next Gen Sequencing experiments.
- An understanding of sequencing technologies and differences between existing platforms.
- Familiar with ISO13485 Quality Management System and IVD regulations.
- Experience in creating, designing, optimising, and validating RUO/IVD assays.