Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sales of laboratory and storage services the Company provides.
- Developing all current and new customers such as: Universities, research institutions and other companies and businesses
- Reporting on pipeline and sales on a regular basis.
- Delivering sales against annual goals.
- Advisory selling and upselling the Company’s services.
- Following up on e-commerce leads, inbound leads as well as proactively creating leads through usual field sales tasks.
- Representing the organisation in conferences, seminars and act as a trusted advisor to the academic research community.
- Up-keeping and maximising face to face/online customer communications with effective territory planning.
- Ensuring correct management of CRM records within the territory.
- Making sure that service understanding and customer communication is correct and up to date.
- Ability to work as a team to supply quotations to the customer in a timely manner.
- Able to learn and change to a sales environment with customer requirements in mind.
- Visiting and facilitating conferences as and when needed.
- Collecting customer and market intelligence and feedback to allow a proactive partake in service enhancement and new service development plans
Qualifications & Skills
- Previous field sales experience in dealing with customers needing services such as DNA extraction, Sample Processing, Cold Storage, Genotyping Sample Management is ideal.
- Experience working in a lab setting would be ideal and understanding the Company’s methods would be ideal
- You will ideally hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s or higher in a biology or similar subject such as Molecular Biology, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry or Biomedical Science or similar.
- You will work to a goal and have the ability to organise your time efficiently to accomplish the company’s business goals and territory objectives.
- You must be n eager, self-motivated and a passionate person who is able to learn and then convey technical information to academic customers.
- You must have a full UK driving licence.
£6K Car allowance
26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Laptop & Mobile phone