We are looking for an Account Manager to cover a South UK, home based with considerable travel to customer sites. The person must be client oriented in their method to sales with proven experience in a similar role. A self-starter and clear knowledge how to develop sales quickly would be ideal skills.
The Company is a growing business and we are looking for someone with a passion to partake to this development. The opportunity for growth within this Company is great, based on performance, with the ability to take on more responsibility as the sales increase. The ability to work independently is vital whilst the business continues to grow and invests in its infrastructure and portfolio.
Great Company bonus package will include; excellent bonus scheme, car/car allowance, laptop and phone.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Promote and sell products within current portfolio within the allocated area. Reach monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals. Arrange key accounts within the area, while growing sales across the area through active prospecting.
- Adhere to company standards with minimal supervision
- Reflect a professional image of the Company
- Great presentations skills
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Communicate ideas and help colleagues
- Upkeep to a positive demeanour with other colleagues
- Establish issues and make solutions to overcome them
- Great record keeping and data collection
- Great analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Good IT Skills – Microsoft Office, Excel, Word etc
- Shows good initiative and business oriented
- Understanding of Sage/CRM – is preferred or relevant but not required
- A background in Immunology would be ideal; a microbiology degree holder with experience in food pathogen testing.
- The candidate would hold a technical/ business degree and have working experience in a field based sales role.
- You must be consultative, able to listen and understand a client’s requirements with the ability to develop sales methods.
- Problem-solving skills in troubleshooting software, instrumentation, microbiology and processes.
- A candidate who understand the role and wants to take that first step from the Food Laboratory to a sales role will be considered.
- This position will need to considerable travel in the UK and may include extended periods working at customer sites.