To be accountable for delivering the sales goals of custom antibodies sales from possible and current accounts (Universities and Biotech) within the UK. To arrange diplomatic and time-territory plans to accomplish the sales target. To carry out face2face meetings, couple of days per week with Academics and Lab Managers accountable for the purchase of antibodies. To grow accounts by arranging face2face meetings accompanied by small conferences to encourage potential business. To supply information on business development opportunities for the Company based on customer feedback and examination of their research. To support promotional duties including visiting exhibitions & networking events. To provide feedback on competitor activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Succeed or exceed the sales goals for custom reagent supply of antibodies within the allocated area
- Making sure of customer satisfaction throughout every proposal by supplying the bond between company and customer
- Knowledgeable with science related to product portfolio, customer’s requirements and competitor activity to feedback to Commercial Director
- Ready to be out visiting customers 3 days per week and use a couple of days in the office for carrying out administrative tasks including: time/area plans, making appointments for up-coming week, arranging quotations and writing reports.
- Supply correct information to Technical team for the principle of costing tailored services.
- Supply Key Account customers with status reports and delivery times by communicating with the Production Manager
- Use KAM methods and push current accounts by actively seeing end-users, core group leaders and procurement channels.
- Grow potential accounts ideally from Universities & Biotech (in Cambridge/London and North UK areas).
- Implement new supply agreement and run workshop meetings
- Some EU/USA travel may be needed for sales training and exhibition attendance
- Minimum BSc degree (or higher) in a Life Science sector, ideally Biochemistry, Chemistry or Molecular Biology and a PhD in a Biology or similar such as; Pharmacology or Medical and have some tech sales experience in a similar service-based Company.
- Your experience should relate to selling techniques to Senior Scientists, Group Leaders staff in both Universities and Biotechnology companies.
- Understanding of antibodies and assay development in drug discovery would be ideal.
- You will be a passionate, friendly, tenacious but a calm person.
- As an independent person, you will be self-starter with small direction after a complex training period, manage your own work, be trustworthy.
- You have the ability to share your thoughts and feedback with all colleagues.
- You will be fluent in Office packages (Word, Excel. PowerPoint, Outlook) and ideally a CRM database.
- You would be eager to meet the requirements of the research clients within a service setting.