We are looking for an experienced Sales Specialist to join our sales team. Accountable for building and maintaining efficient customer relationships, your aim will be to increase sales of the qPCR and NAP product portfolio and services in the Life Sciences customer division. You will be responsible for sales of qPCR and extraction systems portfolio, including all reagents, in London and the South East region of the UK.
The focus will be Top Research organisations centred around London, including the management of the tender response process, and leading and resolving the territory strategy for the Company’s products.
As a Sales Specialist you must be customer focused, understanding the customer purchasing process and giving onsite customer presentation, training and pre and post-sales support.
You will be expected to maintain and engage with a high level of market and product understanding and aid the development of marketing strategy and marketing plans, aligning with Business Unit and Company strategies.
Skills & Experience:
- You’re someone who wants to influence your own growth. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to follow your interests across functions and geographies.
- Educated to BSc Degree or similar in a life sciences subject (Genetics, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology) or related, you obtain laboratory experience (ideally in Next Generation Sequencing) with a clear knowledge of qPCR and NA extraction methods.
- In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be flexible, strong-minded and have provable negotiation and selling skills within the scientific market and a strong track record in territory management. The preferable candidate will be able to establish most appropriate target customers with the closest possible fit to the Company’s business model, and the ability to develop strategic relationships with these key customers to increase future business development.
- The experience of hands on Next Generation Sequencing methods, and the knowledge of NGS bioinformatics is not essential, but it would be an advantage.
- You are charismatic, hardworking and independent with a pliable attitude to challenging situations. With a high level of organisational skills, you have the ability to work individually and are able to prioritise tasks in order to increase productivity. Your excellent communication skills enable you to work efficiently and collaboratively with customers and internal colleagues across multi-disciplinary groups. Working within a highly competitive and changing environment, you will need to be adaptable, confident and enjoy problem solving. Full training is provided for the successful candidate and applicants should either live within the territory or be willing to relocate.
Other Skills / Experience Required:
- Results driven, high sense of personal accountability
- Excellent problem solving abilities and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation) are essential
- Ability to work in a highly complex, cross-functional environment and stay focused on critical goals and outcomes