You will be accountable for actively selling “direct” product lines to current and potential customers in the research, academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and government areas.
As part of your position; you will also supply field technical support for Cell Biology and Molecular methods.
- To manage the sales method with allocated accounts and territory, in alignment with the Product Sales & Support Specialists. Identify and demonstrate and close on product opportunities.
- Prospect and establish product opportunities and see sales possibilities in order to accomplish tailored account and territory sales targets.
- Create strategic and tactical action plans by account, in conjunction with the Product Sales & Support Specialists to maximize sales.
- Arrange, plan and schedule the use of time to supply the greatest and efficient account and territory coverage.
- Up-keep a high level of on-site account visits.
- Give customers with technical aid in selecting and efficiently using products.
- Increase and accomplish the assigned territory’s yearly sales target in both revenue and units.
- Fully grow product understanding capabilities, applications and product justification in order to be seen as the expert in the field.
- Finish technical and sales training with the direction of management.
- Prepare and submit (to management) timely and correct reports that supply information in terms of forecasts, sales and market activity and current status of important accounts.
- Record duties and client information in the SAP CRM database on a daily basis.
- Conduct all tasks and keep personal qualities such as integrity, appearance and sociability in a manner contributory to the maintenance of highest corporate image.
- Work in close conjunction with the Region’s Products Sales and Support Specialists as well as KAM’s and Export /Distribution Managers as needed.
- To have the ability to work independently from a home-based office as well as participate to overall team performance.
Skills & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have -
- A Life Sciences degree with great knowledge in cell biology, microbiology, molecular biology or biochemistry with academic and/or industry specific sales experience.
- Understanding and experience in cell culture, microbiology and molecular biology in biotech/bio-pharm and/or manufacturing (would be ideal).
- IT skills including Microsoft Office and up-keeping a CRM database.
- Great organizational, record keeping and planning skills with the ability to arrange several projects.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) with ability to articulate key technical concepts; listening skills; independent and self-directed.
- Strong, customer-focused philosophy.
Desirable skills / experience include -
- Prior sales experience in research /academic / industry accounts is an advantage.