The Sales Manager is accountable for promoting the catalogue for the Company to the life science community within the Company’s territories through direct sales. The Sales Manager directs the field & internal sales team as well as upkeeping a field sales role.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree level education in a life sciences subject, experience in laboratory techniques
- Experience in scientific sales
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and guide the sales team providing coaching and training as needed
- Working alongside the marketing team to ensure that efforts are coordinated and designed to increase return on investment
- Prospect & qualify possible customers through telephone, e-mail and face-to-face conferences
- Determine and push the sales plans, revenue targets and budgets making sure that key objectives are met and expense kept within budget.
- Sort out, examine and give customer feedback, market intelligence and recommendations to the sales and marketing team
- Coverage of performance; monthly to the sales & marketing team and quarterly to the board of directors.
- In partnership with the team create a overall sales plan for maximizing sales at key accounts and other customer sites which have potential for targeted sales increase
- Making sure that all sales connected activities are logged and actioned in Salesforce
- 3-4 customer facing days / week arranged to meet sales objectives
- 1 day / week preparing to attend & follow up (from home or office)
- Visit national and international events as required
- Attend Supplier product training as necessary