The role provides a semi-autonomous environment to define and lead a business strategy in a high-profile customer sector working alongside other Business Managers, TSM’s and RSM’s to drive sector spend. Approximately a third of the Company’s total turnover is channeled through this sector, which by its nature is diverse, and multifaceted.
It is a challenging but rewarding role with lots of opportunities to really make a difference.
We would expect responsibilities to transfer gradually through a pre-planned programme of handovers and role integration.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Expand and maintain current relationships with key procurement figures across HE and Research Councils (UKSBS) + other third-party adopters.
- Manage framework pricing including setting and agreeing implementation timelines and processes.
- Conducting contract review meetings with lead consortia and contracting authorities.
- Working with Pricing Manager and Pricing Team to implement Marketplace price files
- Supporting TSM/RSM’s with local procurement activities/opportunities
- Driving sector spend through sales/marketing initiatives.
- Devising sector sales strategy with 6/12/24 month milestones
- Responsible for timely submission of accurate Management Information and KPI reports across suite of sector frameworks
- Act as conduit between sector and wider Company group regarding current and future trends, sector drivers and service delivery performance.
- Coordinate national framework tender submissions.
- Experience of selling into sector.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to work alone and under pressure.
- Show awareness of key potential frameworks and sector profile in general.
- Excellent with Excel and managing complicated price files.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal. Good listening skills is a must.
- Ability to be able to work in an interchangeable environment and influence at senior management level.
- Collaborate with and work as part of Business Sector Managers Team.
- Procurement literate