The Company has a new vacancy for a Sales Engineer accountable for its growing range of instruments. The sales Engineer will be accountable for the support of existing customers and new business growth in northern UK. The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic team. The successful candidate will report and be guided by the Product Manager.
- Guiding of current customer project and aid in the creation of new accounts through prospecting, lead generation and follow up.
- Support the development of customer applications.
- Attendance at conferences and exhibitions.
- Support the development of marketing communications with customers.
- Attend customer sites on a regular basis to give presentations, perform instrument demonstrations and train customers on the correct use of their equipment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Suitable candidates should hold a degree (or similar) in material science, mechanical engineering, physics or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of successfully selling analytical instruments. Materials characterisation sales experience would be a desirable but full training will be provided.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to efficiently engage with laboratory managers, professors, PhD level scientists and technicians.
- Ability to travel around the UK and frequently overseas for training and business meetings.
- Located in the north of the UK within easy access to the main road network.
Company Bonus/ Benefits:
- Base salary plus attractive OTE’s.
- A competitive package of benefits.
- Company car.
- Company laptop and mobile.
- Potential for development within a productive company.