Looking for an experienced Regional Sales Manager with a biology background to drive instrument sales growth, develop new business opportunities and relationships, and provide excellent customer technical support within the allocated territory. This position is ideal for a “hunter” salesperson who craves autonomy in their daily activities, wants to exercise their creativity in the implementation and execution of new sales and marketing activities, and enjoys working as part of a larger regional team to achieve regional and national sales goals.
The person in this role will manage the sales process in their territory from early account development, marketing and prospecting, to arranging and completing a successful product demonstration, to sales completion, post-sale installation and training, and follow up support tasks with the help of inside sales staff and a local Applications Scientist. In addition, this person will establish, develop, implement and manage additional channels to market, further creating biggest coverage of the allocated territory. The ideal person will have laboratory equipment sales experience with a history of achieving or surpassing sales aims and laboratory work experience in biology, bioengineering, or a similar sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish and executes strategies to reach target sales/revenue quota
- Provides accurate forecast information for the business
- Manages current customer relationships and finds new opportunities to grow sales pipeline; lead generating tasksmay include cold calling and exhibition attendance
- Visit customers, know their needs and match the Company’s products to those needs
- Successfully positions products to meet customer needs in a competitively-differentiated fashion; efficiently communicates value proposition to downplay discounting
- Manage sales funnel process (find, contact, present, negotiate, close) and record tasks, opportunities, contacts etc. in the company CRM system.
- Map the customer workflows and networks `to increase penetration in these accounts.
- Work within a team environment to collate materials for the customer including technical data and ensure there is a line of communication with the applications team
- Uses strong interpersonal skills to grow and upkeep customer relationships & demonstrate the concept of KAM
- Attendance at key conferences, trade shows and symposia, when needed
- Organize and execute, either individually or through a FAS, technical customer presentations, demonstrations and/or proof duties that addresses customer’s requirements, questions, and queries with the aim to win business
- Report projected sales using company templates in a timely and accurate manner
- Generation of detailed countrywide and account wide maps to ensure a focused business approach to the markets
- Partakes in marketing and application development tasks
- Communicate market trends, industry news, product information and ideas to marketing
- Contribute to and liaise with the regional team to share insights, achievements, best practices and learning opportunities
- Stay updated on all suitable procedures and processes (SOPs) linked to the role as defined by the Company. The employee is also accountable to report back to management if these processes need to be updated.
- Report and document suitable information on customer tasks in information managements systems and to other functions within Sales & Marketing department.
- Address client queries/complaints within ISO standard processes
- Administration as needed, e.g. quotations, monthly reports, prospects/pipeline report, daily meetings
- Other tasks as allocated by senior management
- Bachelors or higher degree with lab experience in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or similar field and suitable work experience may be considered.Advanced degree would be a bonus.
- Demonstrated record of capability and academic aptitude
- Drive & determination to become a pro on company products, customer requirements, and market competition
- Good communication and computer skills.
- Ability to connect at various levels in the life sciences, university, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology communities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; person in this position will be able to clearly communicate complicated information to customers and colleagues
- Previous sales experience in life sciences; in cell-based assays is a bonus.
- General understanding of cell-biology and biochemistry processes, as well as familiarity with forms of microscope imaging, flow cytometry, image analysis and customer drivers
- Experience in the following areas is seen as a bonus: cell biology, cell culture, flow cytometry and cell-based assays.
- Experience within Life Science industry, ideally with analytical platforms.Previous Capital equipment sales experience
- Good analytical skills and the ability to understand customer problems and move the problem toward solution
- Experience with customer support.
- Fluent in main territory language & English both written and spoken.
- Excellent networking skills; ability to work with a global team and customers with a wide range of backgrounds.
- Well-organized; capable of managing several tasks and keeping detailed records
- Great follow-up skills as proven by good customer relationships.
- Flexibility to travel and work additional hours if required
- Location within the allocated region
- Ability to travel extensively within the allocated region, optionally internationally, including valid passport
- Genuinely happy in dealing with people and proven ability to communicate and liaise professionally at all levels;
- Ability to work fast, accurately and consistently under pressure and to prioritize efficiently;
- Fantastic organisation, time and resource management skills;
- A strongly pro-active, helpful, ‘can-do’ attitude;
- A creative and knowledgeable problem-solver and solution-finder;
- Persistent on honesty, loyalty and professionalism at work and the ability to enter complicated discussions
- Eagerness to put in extra effort (and hours when needed) to reach the goals of the company and personal goals;
- Eagerness to share skills and experiences with others in the team;
- Be highly motivated to develop career within the sales environment.
- Display a positive, outgoing, energetic sales attitude with first class communication skills and have the ability to impact on a developing organisation.
- Time-taking and understanding with people; a pleasant and friendly manner;
- Desire to go further on own position, take on more responsibilities and consistently seeking to improve own performance.
- Strong interest in developing and honing sales methods and a true interest in and enjoyment of a sales career.
Measures of Success:
- Delivery alongside agreed business plans
- Account of new customers, repeat customers as well as peer-to-peer relationships and networks to influence the customer workflow
- Conversion rate from leads to definite revenue
- Development of new sales ideas
- Demonstrate team work by organizing efficiently company resources such as Applications support, Product Management and Company Management to help reach your goals
The allocated territory includes: DACH (Germany, Austria and Switzerland)