To plan all assembly and machine shop work in a timely manner to ensure delivery of orders to end customer in the time requested. To calculate performance, analyse reasons for failure and to maintain the MRP system.
- To plan the everyday tasks of production reporting on progress made in achieving that plan in line with the company’s objectives for a timely delivery and highlighting reasons for any failures along with proposed corrective actions.
- Create reports showing PTP compliance.
- To organise for the Supply Chain Manager and stand in for him as needed.
- To be the champion of constant improvement for the planning area – always looking for smarter more effective ways of executing.
- To ensure that health & safety and environmental precautions are adhered to and standards of cleanliness and tidiness are maintained.
- To correctly record transactions on the company MRP and computer systems.
- To communicate with other company personnel, customers, suppliers and visitors in a polite and suitable manner.
- Work with production teams to push plan performance and improvement.
- To look for and actively progress opportunities for constant improvement along with the production environment, specifically in regards to Planning.
- Supply holiday cover for the team.
- Ensure all planning documentation is up to date, correct and reviewed on a yearly basis.
- To carry out any other reasonable demands as seen necessary by the management team.
- Cross train to be able cover other operations within the company at the need by management.
- To attend company training courses as further development in this position.
- Out of hours working may be needed.