Accountable for supporting our customers for the chosen Diagnostics product lines by supplying technical & applications expertise on the Neo and Maternal Fetal Health product portfolio, particularly around MSMS.
The Product Specialist will install our solutions at the customer site, supply (re)training to our customers and aids them when disagreements or demands are made. Together with the Account Manager and/or representatives of the sales team, Product Specialist will supply the required technical knowhow to give the best chances to close an opportunity.
The customer base is essentially in central southern Netherlands and Belgium, so candidates located in this region will minimize the amount of travel necessary.
In addition to skilled product specialists, we welcome applications from candidates who have appropriate instrument experience in the laboratory who are looking for a career change. Full training will be given.
- Installation of our solution: when the Technical Engineer has installed the hardware, the Product Specialist will continue the installations (incl applications) and trains the customer.
- Support of current customers: when customers call the Company for questions or problems the Product Specialist will within the correct timeframe and regulatory necessity, help the customer by phone, e-mail or an on-site visit. When the solution cannot be provided, the Product Specialist will contact the Global Customer Support.
- Optimize customer solutions: based on the changing environment, the Product Specialist will with his/her experience propose and if needed apply new access for the customer to boost the customer satisfaction.
- He/she will follow the proper customer complaint process to ensure correct follow up of the complaint and to ensure the required traceability for regulatory needs.
- If needed the support is extendable to Europe.
Support in the sales process
- The Product Specialist will work closely with the Account Manager to provide the best technical and application support to customers to close an opportunity in a positive manner. If needed a demonstration or evaluation will be done for the customer.
- The Product Specialist will supply the necessary input on the required configuration for the customer.
- He/she will work closely with the Account Manager to improve the current solutions for our customers.
- Upon request the Product Specialist will provide the required training to the Company’s employees.
As part of the Company’s Diagnostics team the Product Specialist will participate closely with all different departments to improve the customer experience within the Company. Through close collaboration with Account Managers and After Sales Services the Product Specialist builds strong relationships and creates a unique position in the market for the Company. Product Specialist actively follows the initiated programs to improve our customer excellence and implements the necessary actions when required.
Office / home office based
30% - 50% Travel
Education and experience:
- Degree in Science (preferably in bio-engineering, bio-chemistry or biology) and/or extensive relevant experience
- By preference a minimum 2 years of experience in a specialist/support role or a possibility to learn quickly.
- Experience with Mass Spectrometry is an advantage.
- Fluent in Dutch and English. Speaking French is an advantage.
- Available to travel on short notice.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to examine and solve complicated problems.
- Capable of influencing and motivating others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability to work well within a team and independently.
- An ability to quickly liaise with customers and colleagues to build powerful and successful partnerships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Organized and structured, eye for technical details.