- Accountable for delivery of service and product portfolio that supports the company’s strategy and goals.
- Works with the Custom Product Manager to distribute accurate plans, through the business planning process
- Distributes on plans, through organisation and management of allocated responsibilities from visionary stages through product & service life cycle, to increase profit and meet market, financial and growth objectives. grow sales, recognises opportunities and improvements, creates effective marketing campaigns and sales and training support
- Product expert and ‘go-to’ resource for area of accountability
- Working with key internal and external stakeholders, review the current service and product offering. Determine current and new value; include evaluation of positioning, pricing, supply, manufacturing and discontinuation of unprofitable or ‘out-of-date’ products and services. The general goal is to boost our gross margins and drive revenue growth.
- Focus on customer needs, market trends, technology growth and competitor powers into cohesive service and portfolio strategies. Convey a business plan in support of market demands, in line with the Company’s Business Planning Process. Deliver reasoned product and service growth approvals and buy/build decisions. Liaise with marketing, sales, operations and production teams to deliver products and services that meet the necessary specifications.
- Initiate products and services into the market through all applicable channels, including e-commerce routes. Outline and execute go-to-market strategies, considering positioning, price, licensing and contracts, internal training needs and indirect materials. This will mean working closely with stakeholders across the company.
- Arrange and drive voice-of-customer and voice-of-sales processes to recognise customer needs in applicable segments; develop KOL relationships across appropriate market segments. Become the business partner for our sales teams and other customer touch-points.
- Experience of strategic and tactical marketing planning and application
- Ability to recognise market opportunities, champion these opportunities, and create business plans for internal checks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Confident at connecting with all levels of business, colleagues and customers
- Arranging, numeracy and written skills
- Project management experience desirable
Degree in life sciences is essential.
- Minimum of 2 years product marketing within the life sciences region
- Provable track record of bringing successful products to market
- Experience in a customer facing role is highly desirable
- Experience of supply of reagent materials in mass quantities would be advantageous