To increase sales by providing technical sales support on the Food, Environmental, Beverage and Industrial range of products by attracting new and old customers from these markets by fully utilising the IFS/ERP system, Salesforce and SalesDesk systems and other online and offline tools available. Report on success and market forces to enable growth and achievement of target in the UK managed territories for this business sector.
To provide first line technical support and data maintenance of the product portfolio for these sectors as required and to assist with customer visits to Key and Growth Accounts.
Key result areas:
- Increase sales of the Company’s own manufactured products in favour of competitor or 3rd party products.
- To be responsible for the daily management of SALESDESK-GRMUK account ensuring tasks are allocated and the responses to traffic received are done so to agreed KPI timescales.
- To ensure all significant opportunities are reported to the National Sales Manager and or recorded in Salesforce for follow up.
- Ensure detailed analysis of new Accounts registered are followed up, categorised and customers made aware of the full complement of products the Company has to offer.
- To proactively engage with none Key or Growth accounts to increase revenue and growth opportunities.
- To work closely with field sales personnel in managing and maintaining service levels to Key and Growth customers on their territories.
- Work closely with marketing staff to maximise new product launches and work closely with the Product Managers to assist in identification of trends, market flyers and new promotions. To manage the Custom Solution process and IFS PART SET-UP and pricing guidelines to ensure integrity of data and timely operational delivery to customer.
- Pro-actively engage the existing customer base to meet revenue targets.
- Contact customers who have become dormant (ordered once and never again, or not ordered within the last two years) to introduce new products and entice them back to placing new orders.
- To answer pricing enquiries received by phone, email, fax by producing a system quote on IFS and identify and act upon cross selling or up selling opportunities.
- To ensure quotes are followed up and success rate reported on IFS on a monthly basis and to provide a monthly report to include customer feedback, market information and quotation conversion rates.
- To provide first level technical support to the UK on enquiries pertaining to a technical level and ensure these are escalated to the Product Managers accordingly.
- To actively promote the Webshop to all customers.
- To provide back up support to the customer Service Desk and all email accounts as may be required.
- To ensure price maintenance monitor checks for the F.E&I products in the UK on IFS.
- To handle customer complaints and ensure the KPI reporting is maintained and serious SHEQ issues escalated to the Country Manager.
Skills & Qualifications:
(A scientific background and formal qualification minimum BSc. Level) in environmental sciences or chemistry. Or equivalent previous experience in such an environment.
- At least 2 years laboratory experience focussed around chemistry is essential
- Good organisational abilities with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Good level of computer literacy and keyboard skills; Excel essential.
- Flexible individual with the right attitude to want to succeed in a commercial environment;
- Team player, supportive of colleagues;
- Customer focussed both internal and external customers.
- Experience using a CRM system and supply chain management process system.
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to relate to all levels of the business.