This can be a flexible role working office and at home with flexible hours. You will be working as part of the UK pipeline sales team in a customer sales and support role.
You will support the UK sales team in managing our customers to establish potential sales leads and enhance customer satisfaction & loyalty.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organise and follow up assigned opportunities in your given territory
- Work alongside the sales team to prospect for new customers
- When needed enable leads or customer appeals prior to opportunities being created
- When needed, act as the principle point of contact for high possible accounts
- Establish unusual customer needs (amounts) and work with the supply chain manager to bargain improved prices before quoting
- When needed, actively support the tender process
- Answer to customers in various ways including emails and online chat
- Make and submit customer quotations
- When needed, work on an agreed list of declining accounts to establish opportunities to reclaim the lost business and recording logic to why business was lost.
- Answer to and deal with all customer communication in a timely and effective manner and develop a good rapport with the customer.
- Finish all customer records accurately and within company policy.
- Participate with any specific projects needed by the business.
- Other duties as required by the company.
- Working with a small remote team
- Must have an alternative to communicate directly with customers over the phone (there is little to no customer face to face liaising with this role). This will include prospecting (telesales) as well as following up direct leads.
- Great verbal communication and networking skills are required.
- The person will ideally (not required) have a scientific background, aka a chemistry or biochemistry degree, or experience as a laboratory technician possibly in the life sciences or environment, food testing areas having direct involvement in research, Quality Control or different industrial processes.
- Will be working or have worked in a sales role and alternatively some lab experience in industry or environmental roles or within a customer support role.
- Must be able to multitask and be well organised and self-driven
- Some knowledge of using CRM tools
- Great working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- You must have both, Great Spirit and be able to push those around you
- To be motivated alongside a strong work ethic.
- A team player who is pushed by providing effective operations