To develop, maintain and execute strategic and tactical key account plans.
To constantly establish and take opportunities to create potential key accounts and contacts whilst managing current and growing new business
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To understand and implement key account management in order to tailor product and service solutions to meet the customer’s requirements.
- To establish stakeholders across all business sectors within all appointed key accounts, developing networks with current contacts whilst growing possibilities.
- To suitably organise all customer accounts by establishing both key accounts in a vital manner by implementing a business plan for each.
- To suitably organise all customer accounts not seen as a Key Account.
- To liaise regularly with the sales services team on duties with all accounts as appropriate.
- To acquire and keep a thorough and up-to-date understanding of the relevant Company’s products and services so that the customer can be completely supported and the right solution to meet their requirements can be offered.
- To accomplish forecast sales and margin targets by selling products from across the Company’s portfolio, up-keeping a balanced product range.
- To work in agreement with the field force charter including:
- To accomplish specified number of customer calls.
- Maintaining clean and correct account and customer records on the company CRM system, recording tasks and call notes within 48 hours of each visit and planning with a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- Proactively organise expiring quotes, quote renewals, sample requests and follow-up, demo status and replies, making sure that the customer receives a fast, responsive service and avoid delays in order processing.
- Suitably answer to customer queries.
- To accomplish promptly all administrative duties, including planning and organising.
- To establish and utilise other supporting tools needed to accomplish key account objectives where needed e.g. product management, and other identified Company personnel.
- To supply constant customer and market feedback to the business to guide marketing planning and development of support materials.
- To accomplish a thorough understanding of all competitor companies, their products and their duties in the key accounts. Making sure of proper dissemination of competitor intelligence suitably.
- Participate at exhibitions
- Participate at Sales Meetings
- Arranging of sales forecasts
- Compliance with all suitable requests
- Willing to travel extensively
- Partake in field training events
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4 year’s sales experience to the both the diagnostics and scientific sectors, specifically clinical, research and academic markets
- Experience of calls/sales to customers within NHS (laboratories, clinicians, procurement), academia and industry.