As an Instrument Sales Specialist, you will have the unique opportunity to apply your science background in a commercial environment and make a direct impact on business revenue. You are a scientist with a strong sales background, able to identify prospective buyers of our flow cytometry instrument range. The role will require a high level of business development seeking out new accounts as well as servicing and developing existing accounts. You will drive opportunities and manage the pipeline within the territory, to negotiate and close orders working with end users and purchasing departments and supports all procurement processes.
You need to be a strong team player, able to build relationships and work closely with colleagues. You will develop our relationships with customers and key opinion leaders in academia, biotech, CROs/CMOs and pharmaceutical companies. An effective communicator, you will present seminars, perform instrument demonstrations and support the Company at trade fairs, congresses and symposia.
- A proven track record in large capital equipment sales and at least 3-5 years’ experience
- PHD ,MSc, BSc in a life science subject
- A flexible self-starter with an appetite for challenges and making a positive difference to the organisation.
- Commercially minded with good project management skills
- Ability to work under time and performance pressure
- Career orientated with a drive to develop further in a rapidly expanding business
- A good problem solver, who accepts challenges and works well within a team environment to solve them
- Preferably based in Northern England