The role is to have continuous and profitable relationships with customers by helping them to attain a good outcome. The person is responsible for all sales duties from lead generation through closing in his/her sales territory. Using mainly telephone communications to indicate customer needs, the person is accountable for establishing accounts with high development possibilities, and implementing strategies agreed upon with management to push sales. The person will partner and work closely within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue growth, and long-term account aims in line with the company business strategy. Together with the customer and other Company resources, the person will further grow the business by considering customer needs, establishing solutions and creating personalised customer solution plans.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Relationship Development: Grow competitive advantage and push customer satisfaction by building trust and growing partnership relationships. Add importance in every customer liaising (mainly the phone call) by working with customers and internal teams to create advantageous solutions for their business. Give higher and distinction value not by what you sell – but by ‘How’ you sell. Works together (with) and arranges the extensive internal network.
- Targets: Meet/exceed targets for sales and margin. Making good use of available Company resources and specialists to help reach targets. Create awareness / sales in the Company’s Private range to grow margin.
- Business Development: Push new and current opportunities by organizing customer accounts suitably to increase number of valuable phone communications. Make outbound calls to develop opportunities for selling the Company’s portfolio of products. Know the customer’s profile; be able to establish trends and opportunities that will create sales. Maintain the world best practice in Inside-sales (sales and procurement) as adapted by other business’s and share with team and customers
- Utilize Company Resources: Use local and global cross-functional contacts. Use the Company’s CRM database, as per company guidelines, to organize customer relationships, communications and information that will grow awareness and help push sales.
- Planning/Forecasting: Plan, forecast and reach objectives and KPI’s across accounts, using pre-call planning for more awareness.
- Strategy Implementation: Display strategic sharpness in reaching out to customers and plans (solutions must be customised to meet individual customer requirements). Implement agreed strategies across specific accounts while maintaining and developing current business.
Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s or similar in a Science or Business discipline (or proven knowledge of the laboratory environment)
- 2+ years of experience in a complicated sales environment where there is a solution based selling path
- Proven record of valid sales success pushing growth with a consultative, strategic selling strategy
- B2B sales experience
- Experience / a scientific background with demonstrated ability to efficiently use best in class selling strategies and technology platforms including CRM Tools
- Experience in working in a fast paced, focused environment routinely liaising with customers, manufacturers and colleagues
- Mandatory attendance of relevant Company Sales Trainings
- Great knowledge of company’ products, promotions, services- and solution offerings for customers
- Must have excellent understanding of relationship types and different buyer attitudes
- Knowledge of Company processes, procedures and policies as well as a deep knowledge of Company functions and the roles they play
- Perfect command (both verbal and written) of the local language and fluency in English (both written and verbal)
- Ability to hold high level conversations with customers selling the Company’s product portfolio including chemicals, equipment & instruments, chromatography, life science, etc.
- Ability to grow jointly beneficial, long term partnership relationships with customers
- Ability to arrange customer communications professionally by showing great listening and organizational skills, and by using keen questions and reflective language to engage customers and grow trust
- Proven solution selling- / consultative selling abilities
- Can capably customise their ways to fit different customer communications, meeting the individual requirements of every client
- Ability to understand the client's business/strategy and market directions
- Ability to forecast business for allocated accounts
- Ability to develop, implement and measure a business action plan for own accounts, map accounts, establishing buying influences and organise a sales funnel efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to organise different buyer types and attitudes
- Strong organizational abilities that push projects forward
- Ability to see the bigger picture and help with long term customer projects
- Ability to see opportunities and have main ideas around value adding solutions for the customer
- Helps to measure the benefits of the solution to the customer
- Strong negotiation skills is necessary
- Ability to manage complex situations and communications
- Good time management abilities
- Mixes in conversations in regards to long-term approaches and adjusts efficiently with buyers at all aspects of their purchase decision process
- Creates credibility by challenging the client’s thinking to co-create valuable solutions
- Focuses on outcomes that they can help & looks into the power of the extensive Company’s relationships to support customer projects
- Works alongside with Product Specialists and Sales Application and Solution Specialists to offer valuable insight into postmarking problems
- Proactive, team player with professional approach
- A desire to part knowledge and work with the wider Company relations
- Looks to constantly grow internal and external relationships
- Professional telephone manner is necessary