Controls the customer sales process for particular products lines, accounts and/ or sales opportunities via phone and e-mail. Includes liaising with current customers and qualified sales leads, guiding customers to the Company’s products that best meet their needs, organise with internal resources to address customer questions/objections, providing budgetary pricing, creating and submitting personalised quotes and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt. Works closely with the wider sales team to meet and exceed sales quotas for a specific product line and/or sales territory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the customer sales process for specific territory, products lines and/or accounts (phone and e-mail).
- Meets sales target and is accountable for correct forecasting and organising leads, customer information and into CRM database.
- Includes communicating with current customers and qualified sales leads, influencing customers to the Company’s products that best meet needs, organising with internal resources to address customer questions or objections, providing budgetary pricing, creating and entering personalised quotes and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt.
- Works closely with the wider sales team including TAMs, Sales Specialists and Service Contracts team.
- Identifies and keeps strong, positive, productive relationships with customer accounts including product end-users, management and purchasing contacts.
- Record and report on all tasks to managers.
All above duties and responsibilities are seen as essential functions to this position; although, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional duties and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- BSc degree in Business, Science or Technical disciplines or similar required.
- Chemistry or molecular biology highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and German required
Preferred Experiential Background:
- Proven successful sales experience with a technical product line highly desired.
- Genetic analysis sales experience and/or recognising the Company’s product line a bonus.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly grasp and master highly technical concepts and express them well to others.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills - expressive and quick thinking.
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to establish customer needs, obstructions to the sales process and solutions using the Company’s products & services.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Working experience with SalesForce.com or a related CRM database is desired.
- Team goal focused with a keen eye for achieving team sales performance metrics.
- Detail oriented and ability to focus in a developing environment.