The Head of Sales is accountable for the daily sales tasks within EMEA. The person in this position will focus on the customer experience and pushing sales for the Company’s product line. The right candidate will efficiently push the sales method from target identification and lead qualification through to completion, order shipment and profitable use of the product.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meeting or surpassing sales goals for all allocated product lines.
- Correct forecasting of sales and orders.
- Adhering with Salesforce.com standards, including lead generation and conversions and opportunity creation, management and completion.
- Investigating to discover new sales opportunities.
- Applying consultative sales skills making sure of customer satisfaction and pushing cross-selling within territory.
- Working with customers to ensure successful and inverting use of reagent products.
- Increasing product knowledge in order to supply customers with the best solution, based upon their application needs.
- Coordinating and collaborating with other Sales and FAS and business team resources to advantage full solution offering.
- Developing the Company’s portfolio within the allocated territory in accordance with strategic business aims.
- Growing a working knowledge of the whole product portfolio, and knowledge of scientific applications involved and end markets.
- Acting out on other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum BSc degree with 5 - 7 years of sales experience in Life Sciences or a mix of both education and extensive experience in immunology.
- Must be results focused and holds the ability to use excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work within a team and use other field-based tools, as required, advancing opportunities.
- Willing to learn new systems and obtain technical information.
- Broad understanding of CRM systems is ideal. Salesforce.com experience is a bonus.
- Great communication skills and the ability to grow networks by telephone, email and in person.
- Able to work efficiently in a complicated business, while persuading decisions.
- Highly efficient time management and organisational skills.
- Action focused, with a strong understanding of sales, marketing & the customer care methods.
- Eager to travel approximately 50% overnight.