Field service engineer will be accountable for the following
- Maintenance Workshop
- Laboratory Calibrations to ISO17025 Standard
- Booking and Shipping of internal equipment processes
- Management and Development of Validation Services
- Booking in and checking of instruments for calibration
- Calibration to UKAS Standards of temperature and pressure instruments, and any other type of equipment that may be included in our schedule later.
- Creation of calibration certificates for the above instruments
- Carrying out routine checks on the calibration laboratory equipment, and engineer’s equipment as required and preparation of reports for this equipment
- Labelling and packing of instruments for return to customers
- Undergo training and audits by both internal and external auditors to BS17025
- Maintain general tidiness of the calibration laboratory.
- Booking in of units into workshop for investigation/repair.
- Updating workshop tracker to log equipment coming in.
- Investigate and diagnose faulty equipment
- Liaise with customer and office staff to facilitate any repairs or calibrations.
- Assist office staff with any technical queries.
- Attend courses as required to improve product knowledge.
- Keep workshop in a good condition with all units labelled as to progress
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of ONC or HNC level or above in Electronics or another relevant technical discipline
- Demonstrate a strong background working in a field service or technical support role gained within a high value electrical capital equipment environment
- A strong history of process management and process development
- Good communication skills
- Ability to remain confident in customer facing environments
- Computer literate Microsoft Word & Excel
- Strong leadership skills
- Full clean driving licence