The Field Service Engineer is accountable for performing on-site installation, servicing and repair of the Company’s instruments in the UK. The role desires a in depth understanding of IVD instrumentation and software to enable troubleshooting and resolution. The Field Service Engineer will play a main role within our Technical Customer Support organisation by making sure that customer satisfaction with products and our service offering.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organise and conduct installation of IDD instruments at customer sites throughout the UK making sure that site surveys have been finished before installation.
- Perform planned preventative maintenance (PM) visits within the timeframes needed by the Service Level Agreement and any managed service contracts.
- Attempt troubleshooting, support and repair within the agreed timeframes and at all times making sure that customers are always up to date with the progress.
- Finish service reports in CRM and ensure they are finished both fully and correctly and returned to the customer on time.
- Give technical support for customers and colleagues outside of the UK (as and when needed) and with the approval of the department manager.
- Keep correct records of spare parts, making sure that parts are used suitably.
- Support laboratory sales colleagues to grow business opportunities within their regions, whenever necessary.
- Update instruments placed at customer laboratories with software and middleware upgrades as needed.
- Give feedback to global product teams on instrument dependability and quality.
- Always make sure that quality and regulatory requirements and company policies are held to.
- Partake in service and commercial meetings as and when needed.
- Input into the growth of training material, support literature and technical guidance for external/ internal customers. Upkeep an awareness of both ISO9001 & ISO13485 and their role within the quality management system.
- Upkeep the necessary level of product understanding on instruments and assays to enable our customers to be successful and share that expertise with internal and external customers.
- Actively work towards achieving goals and improving the CAS for the cluster.
- Background in electronics / biotechnology / medical devices / engineering or similar sectors.
- Working experience in servicing analytical equipment or relevant applications specialist experience.
- Customer-oriented with strong communication skills and ability to grow and maintain relationships with customers.
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Can-do attitude/ competitive/ ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail in all areas of the position.
- Current Driving Licence
- Eagerness to travel 90% mainly within the UK but further beyond as and when needed for training or important visits.
- Fluent in English – both written and verbal.