Duties & Responsibilities:
- Equipment precaution maintenance
- Equipment installations, equipment upgrades.
- Time conscious corrective maintenance to fix systems to full working status
- Solve equipment concerns through hardware and software troubleshooting
- Arrange communications (email and telephone) with customers allowing resolution and correct follow up to ensure customers
- Arrange, update and up-keep detailed logs, instrument performance data, service records and parts usage software
- Liaise efficiently with our sales team and application specialists giving our colleagues information about the requirements of our customers
- Guide and help other FSE’s on complicated troubleshooting and technical fixes
- On-going collaboration with sales teams in upgrades and service contract renewals within the allocated region.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electrical engineering or a physical science or a similar subject
- Minimum 2 years of instrument support experience in biotech equipment, field service repairs, mechanical troubleshooting
- Great computer networking, troubleshooting and communication skills
- Microscope/ Laser experience would be ideal, though not essential
- Willing to travel up to 80% of the time, occasional EU travel
- Travel fits your style of living