This is an excellent opportunity for a strong Field Applications Scientist in Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) to join the Company’s Sequencing Solutions division.
The extent of this role will be to provide technical and scientific support to customers remotely and at customer sites for the NGS product portfolio. You will be expected to perform initial validation, products comparison and trouble-shooting pre- and post-sales for academic and clinical accounts in the UK and Ireland.
As part of your Customer Support role, you will focus on:
- Providing expert advice to customers and colleagues in the UK and Ireland;
- Identifying and developing a rapport with our customer base, which enhances the reputation and professionalism of the Company;
- Preparing and delivering technical training of NGS workflow at customer sites;
- Continually develop your own skills and knowledge in the NGS field.
This will occasionally include overseas travel for personal technical training and development;
You will be expected to maintain and communicate a high level of market and product knowledge and to aid the development of marketing strategy and marketing plans, aligning with Business Unit and Company strategies.
- Educated to MSc (or higher, PhD preferred) in the field of life sciences subjects (Biochemistry, Genetics, or Molecular Biology) or similar, you possess NGS laboratory
- Experience with clear knowledge of qPCR and nucleic acid extraction techniques.
- You will have a first successful experience in a technical capacity acquired in a diagnostics or life science environment. Experience in NGS Bioinformatics will be an advantage. This position will suit you particularly well if you are interested to transition from academia into industry whilst keeping a technical focus.
- With a confident working approach, you have a strong desire to continually improve and be at the forefront of exciting new assays and techniques as more complex NGS workflows are developed and released. Passionate to improve and shape both patient treatments and pathways through advances in NGS techniques, you will be able to demonstrate a high standard experience to our customer base and excel in the art of troubleshooting and taking ownership and pride in your work. Customer focused, you will be able to support the sales teams during key pre-sales activities.