Looking for an experienced and commercially minded scientist who is technically able to collaborate with and support territory business, give demonstrations and technology meetings, install instruments, and give in-field technical support and customer service. Must be eager to fully liaise to help customers set up experiments and analyse data, and have the determination and ability to network and make connections to establish prospects and grow the Company’s technology and products. Territory is Europe-wide.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle product demonstrations and proof tasks to push sales of products at customer sites
- Perform instrument installations and train customers remotely and at customer sites
- Display and advertise the Company’s technology and applications at different scientific meetings and exhibitions
- Cooperate with territory sales manager for local prospecting tasks
- Cooperate with territory sales manager and customers to fix product issues
- Partake in national and regional exhibition duties as required
- Gather feedback from the field and document all detailed info to improve the Company’s products and applications
- Create technical demonstration reports as well as customer interaction reports
- Keep detailed/ correct record of technical report and customer interaction information
- Strong engagement with company CRM
- Visit company organized internal and external technical training, sales skill training, and job development training
Skills & Experience:
- Candidates must have great communication skills being able to work in a associative team environment
- Experience with cell biology, cell culture, and cell based assay development is needed
- Skilled in the following areas is seen as a bonus: hands-on experience with either fluorescence microscopy or flow cytometry is ideal, in addition to fluorescent immunocytochemistry and protein chemistry experience.
- Computer software experience for image or flow-based analysis, data acquisition, and interpreting experimental results is ideal.
- Working experience in biology labs is necessary.
- Familiarity with biological material and safety protocols.
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience in customer service in a sales environment is ideal.
- Able to problem solve is a must.
- Previous experience as FAS or in a customer facing role is highly preferred.
- This position is for an FAS to cover European territory
- The person would ideally be based in Manchester area and expect to travel across Europe and other territories.
- Travel to various geographical locations as required for business growth and team building tasks
- Overnight travel is needed and this can be >60% where needed by the business
- PhD with research experience in cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a similar area. European languages is an added bonus