This position is a first point of contact for customers, distributors and agents who choose to buy the Company’s products or services. The intention is to give an substantial amount of sales and technical support to current accounts and potential customers and in so doing, grow in sales and profits from the allocated territory. The person will secure current accounts and increase new business to maximise their contribution to the Company’s sales and profit goals. This will be accomplished using whatever resources are accessible, and includes routine telemarketing and direct customer visits. The position will ideally be based at the Company’s head office, for a minimum of 6 months, and then you will be needed to do an estimated level of 30% international travel within the core, EU centred, territory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Giving professional technical sales support to current possible customers in a timely and effective manner, creating the highest level of customer confidence individually and within the Company.
- Grow the Company’s business in the allocated territory and accomplishing the agreed goals for sales and profitability by distributor sales and developing new integrator and customers.
- Succeeding with the sales targets with a mixture of field sales with distribution partners, telemarketing and the evaluation, selection and management of distributors to push and increase sales revenues in the allocated territory.
- Building relationships with key accounts in the territory, growing and placing a key account strategy to secure these accounts.
- Organising, placing, and monthly reporting of sales activity and forecast business in the territory.
- Placing and up-keeping a customer database, adding, deleting and updating contact details as required, and synchronising this with the Company database.
- Using customer, market and product understanding to partake to marketing and sales plans.
- Increasing marketing opportunities to include all aspects of the marketing mix.
- Helping colleagues with sales in locations outside allocated territory
- Take part at exhibitions
- Technical support for customers
- Any other duties as reasonably required
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience:
- Understanding of – Microscopy/ Life-science optical instrumentation or related scientific equipment.
- Minimum 2 year’s experience within a sales role. Experience in selling or supporting technical and high-value products.
- PhD/ MSc or BSc in a technical discipline (engineering, physics, or life sciences)
- Background in science instrumentation sectors.
- Multilingual: English and other (Spanish, French, Italian, etc.)
- Understanding of a CRM system or ERP system
- Computer literate
- Driving licences
- Eligibility to work in the UK