Accountable for current export worldwide sales with an aim to develop this area of business. Full time office-based role with the opportunity to travel on a limited basis in the future. Manage customer networks, create business to meet company and personal goals. Contacting current and prospective customers by correspondence and phone supplying a proactive service to secure business on a monthly and yearly basis. Preparing sales forecasts in order to assist the management team when setting yearly growth targets and KPI’s. Proactively establishing new opportunities and ensure visible tracking of prospect progress in order to efficiently close business in a timely manner. Give transparent internal feedback concerning market trends and competitor activity as suitable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage existing export customer base by processing export orders and efficiently communicating with customers in regards to lead times and export documentation that may be needed.
- Proactively follow up with current customers to grow new opportunities and increase the current sales of our product range.
- Constant prospecting to establish and grow sales networks with current and prospective customers to build a pipeline and grow existing accounts and secure new business to meet sales and margin targets.
- Ensure complete traceability of any issued quotations, sample requests, literature requests and complaints in conjunction with customer service.
- Efficient use of the CRM tool and ensure accurate recording of activity to give better visibility to the business which will ensure seamless cover in the event of an absence.
- Presentation and management of information in PowerPoint, Word and Excel is required.
- Reply within 48 hours to sales leads by telephone and followed up by e-mail.
- In the future organise field activity making sure of effective and structured appointments with a consideration for time and cost whilst accepting that travel and overnight stays may be required.
- Attend trade shows as needed that will involve overnight stays, either in the UK or overseas.
- Acquiring and maintaining product understanding to increase customer networks.
- Expenses to be submitted in accordance with the expenses policy.
- Sales and profit margin goals are set for the company with monthly and yearly targets, a copy of this will be issued to you and form part of your objectives and will form a significant part of your bonus plan.
- Provide continuous feedback on the competition and changes in technology trends.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum BSc in a scientific field
- Minimum of 1 years experience
- Experience of selling
- Applied practical experience of degree subject is a bonus
- Proven ability to efficiently communicate at all levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills including excel and preferably Sales Force