Electro-Mechanical Technician is accountable for builds (including Integration and calibration) of projects allocated to them. They will ensure that the Company’s Instrument builds are completed on time and within budget and the quality of the goods given to the customer is of the highest standard. This will lead to strengthening of the company’s networks with customers and encouraging them to view the Company as the preferred supplier of solutions for their work, resulting in increased sales of the Company’s products.
- Partake in Project Meetings as needed during the duration of the each Project Lifecycle
- Carry out build of the electrical and electronic assembly(ies), in line with agreed schedule, to ensure on time delivery of project.
- Assist in calculating assembly stage estimates for electronic and/or mechanical operations
- Timely escalation of any stock requirements for each project and work with Purchasing & Stock Manager, to ensure on time delivery of materials for the project.
- Assist in the integration and commissioning of the Company’s Products
- Provide feedback for the Company’s quality and continuous improvement system.
- Electronic admin tasks (eg. The Company’s Hospital repairs, works packages).
- Positively contribute to the efficient working of the Electronics and wider Project teams.
- Cooperate and effectively work with other staff to achieve high levels of employee satisfaction.
- Other duties as needed.
Minimum Education/ Experience Requirements
- Proven background in Electronic assembly, including wiring, soldering to IPC 610 A standards. (Minimum 2 years)
- Understanding of circuit diagrams
- Understanding of analogue and digital electronics
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) email and use of the Internet
- Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others
- Strong commitment to quality
- Fluency in written & spoken English
Preferable Skills and Attributes
- Experience in working in a medium to low volume electro-mechanical “box-build” or turnkey environment.
- Understanding of Safe Working Practices
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing Principles such as 5S, Set Up Reduction, Standard Work, TPM.
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
- Ability to work effectively both interdepartmentally and internationally
- HNC/HND in an electronic or engineering discipline