To grow sales for the Company by sustaining a high standard, professional image and by demonstrating the added value of customer support, always acting as an ambassador for the Company.
Maintain positivity on the overall performance of the Customer Service Department by keeping a flexible approach to work. Planning and executing work in an effective and powerful manner, providing the highest levels of customer service support and the best possible financial achievement.
This role is part of a team covering all of UK & Ireland. Preference will be given to candidates living along the M62 corridor or points north of Nottingham.
- Performs field service as directed by the call dispatch staff/system in conjunction with the Group Leader, carrying our repairs, maintenance and installation of life science instrumentation and their accessories. Supply onsite user training on assigned product groups.
- Managing routine maintenance assigned on a monthly basis.
- Ensures that all documentation, circuit diagrams, Service Data Bulletins and manuals are of the correct revision to undertake service on specific instrument types. Manages ancillary documentation e.g. Safety Manual, Procedures Manual to the highest standard with regular reviewing of manuals provided in agreement with the Quality Management System.
- Align personal working practices with the department’s performance targets. Actively display compliance with all team goals.
- Maintains personal service spares issued and inventory records to the highest standard. Ensures all abnormalities are rapidly and efficiently reported and settled.
- Ensures that all tools and test equipment is adequate to perform service required, and that all test equipment issued is calibrated at the times specified.
- Makes returns of all fully finished service documentation, Service Reports, Time Sheets, Expenses Claims, Motor Vehicle Log Sheets etc, on a weekly basis.
- May be requested to perform specific and agreed duties as assigned through the Goal statements, already ingrained in the Company Culture.
- HND (or similar) in Electronic Engineering or a Biotechnology subject
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence
- Experience in a Customer Service Environment
- Background in Electronics ideally gained in a high technology service environment, together with knowledge of analytical and clinical instrument applications.
- Previous experience of the products outlined above or related useful. Mass Spectrometry experience also advantageous.
- Must have exceptional people management and motivational skills
- Able to engage in a professional manner with customers on all levels, providing service information, technical data and general help as required.
- Ability to engage internally; orally and in writing.
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Knowledge of excellent Customer Service