Develop sales for the Company by keeping a high standard, professional image and by demonstrating the added value of customer support, always acting as a representative for the Company.
Have a positive impact on the complete performance of the Customer Service Department by keeping a pliable approach to work. Planning and executing work in an efficient and productive manner, supplying the highest levels of customer service support and the best possible financial performance.
The area includes all of the UK, Ireland and the Nordics, a large percentage of customers are in the Cambridge/ London Area. On occasion, travelling to Europe may be required.
Ideally, the main products are High Content Screening and Multi Plate Readers. Full product training will be given.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs field service as considered by the call dispatch staff/system in partnership with the Team Leader, carrying our repairs, maintenance and installation of instrumentation and their accessories. Supply onsite user training on specific product groups.
- Planning routine maintenance assigned on a monthly basis.
- When requested by the Service Manager, performs service on behalf of the Company’s overseas offices, to the standard expected in the UK, at sites of overseas customers
- Confirms that all documentation, circuit diagrams, Service Data Bulletins and manuals are of the correct revision to initiate service on defined instrument types. Manages ancillary documentation e.g. Safety Manual, Procedures Manual to the highest standard with regular reviewing of manuals provided in agreement with the Quality Management System.
- Adjust personal working practices with the department’s performance goals. Strongly displays agreement with all team targets.
- Manages personal service spares issued and inventory records to the highest standard. Making sure all abnormalities are rapidly and efficiently reported and settled.
- Making sure that all tools and test equipment is suitable to perform service needed, and that all test equipment issued is calibrated at the times defined.
- Makes returns of all fully finished service documentation, Service Reports, Time Sheets, Expenses Claims, Motor Vehicle Log Sheets etc., on a weekly basis.
- May be requested to perform defined and agreed duties as defined through the Goal statements, already ingrained in the Company Culture.
- HND (or similar) in Electronic Engineering or a Biotechnology subject
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence
- Experience in a Customer Service Environment
- Background in Electronics gained in a high technology service environment is preferable, together with knowledge of analytical and clinical instrument applications.
- Must have exceptional people management and motivational skills