The Content Marketing Manager's role is to assist the Chief Commercial Officer in developing the marketing and content strategic plans and designing a marketing schedule that delivers new opportunities and customer engagement in line with defined targets.
- Working with the Digital Marketing Manager, maintain social media channels by supporting with the campaign plan, data and content to generate market interest and awareness of our client.
- Develop and commission valuable and persuasive marketing materials for those targets and campaigns deemed our focus and priority.
- In conjunction with the Digital Marketing Manager, maintaining the company’s website with new content updates, regular news and blogs.
- Monitor and maintain scientific/technical knowledge of our client’s platforms and its impact to the market. Gather and utilise data from competitive monitoring to assist in messaging and positioning of the portfolio and its impact in the market.
- Liaising with the designers/printers to create marketing material
- Work with the Chief Commercial Officer and Strategic Marketing Manager to create relevant marketing campaigns that are in line with the clients’ commercial goals.
- Assist with the execution of PR, IR and scientific messaging through third party social media channels.
- Work closely with the Business Development team to attend and prepare them for conferences/exhibitions, as well as attending personally.
- Work with the commercial team to input into the events strategy, through digital events and domestic/international conferences and exhibitions.
- Assist in the development and design of corporate presentations to ensure the consistent narrative and messaging is captured.
- Help create and review IR communications, utilising all resources to deliver assets and reports according to agreed timelines and as defined by the Chief Commercial Officer and Strategic Marketing Manager.
- Evaluate sales campaigns and marketing campaigns for return of investment and potential future areas of high growth.
- Monitoring market trends and scientific developments, compile a summary with an understanding the competitor activity in the relevant areas.
- Meet with customers during the sales process, pre and post-delivery of projects to obtain further customer data about the application of the client’s technology and further feedback. To capture the Voice of the Customer (VoC).
- Review and edit materials generated by the client’s internal stakeholders and externally to ensure consistent language, narrative, and messaging
- Develop and maintain guidelines for content development such as tone and language.
- Coordinate inputs from the wider commercial team to craft marketing messaging, ensuring this is consistently and accurately weaved in through our marketing communications.
- Review, analyse and report on performance of content and copy, using information to improve future work, develop trials to test messaging, style and content types with customers.
- Assist with the writing of grant applications, project proposal development where necessary.
- Help develop the content for all communication and planning with collaborators and KOLs.
- Assist collaborators and internal stakeholders in writing papers.
Required Skills and Expertise
Degree or higher in a relevant scientific discipline and/or marketing
A skilful content manager with a proven record for planning and creating persuasive copy and content for a technical audience.
Ability to read, analyse and interpret general reference periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or government regulations. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical information which may be in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several complex elements. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Previous marketing, content and editorial experience, and have a can do/will do attitude.
The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and highly organised yet flexible and have the ability to organise workload and work well on own initiative as well as part of a small team.
As well as demonstrating creative flair, the job holder must have a keen eye for detail as you will strive for accuracy and precision in all your work.
Have the ability to develop company guidelines for content and copy development.
Experience posting successfully through common social media channels including LinkedIn/Twitter/Facebook as a minimum.
Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work which requires excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form.
The ability to attend relevant face to face exhibitions (when they are permitted) as well as online exhibitions and webinars.
A high standard of IT literacy (MS – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dynamics and Outlook/WordPress in particular.